CIW Web Foundations Associate Training (1D0-610)
This is a combination of all three Foundations courses in the CIW Web Foundation series. Those who complete all three disciplines – Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate – will have a comprehensive understanding of Internet business, data networking and website design. This creates a unique and powerful selling point for the individual:
- High school students applying to higher education or college students entering the job market
- Professionals who are already working in one of the many businesses for which the Internet is a vital tool, including:
- Information technology
- Graphic Design
Learners receive a broad base of knowledge and skills in three distinct areas of the Internet. Internet Business Associate provides an expert’s introduction to the Internet, the tasks involved in web technology roles and the skills to operate effectively in today’s business environment. Site Development Associate provides the full spectrum of basic web development skills, enabling learner to design and build simple web pages. Network Technology Associate teaches the basics of networking, Internet protocols and network security that are crucial to business and technology-related careers.
No prior knowledge of using the Internet, developing web pages or configuring networks is necessary. All that is required for study is a familiarity with an operating system such as Windows 7. From there, learners will build an impressive repertoire of skills for the Internet.
Key learning points
Each of the three disciplines in this course is valuable in today’s workplace; when combined they form the basis of a uniquely rounded skills set, relevant and marketable in countless sectors and positions.
Internet Business Associate
- Learn the fundamental aspects of the Internet and how it is used in the business environment.
- Content encompasses, among other things, the use of web search engines for basic and advanced searches, effective ways of researching and communicating on the Internet, cloud computing and mobile devices, and the all-important subject of privacy and the Internet.
- Discover the challenges to Internet users in business and what measures can be taken to keep personal information secure.
Site Development Associate
- Modules cover the full spectrum of web development, from writing code manually to working with images, creating hyperlinks, adding audio and video and optimising web pages for search engines.
- Upon completion, learners will have the foundation skills and knowledge to create basic websites.
Network Technology Associate
- This part of the course delves deep into network technology.
- Content ranges from networking components and standards to connecting to the Internet and taking advantage of its multitude of services, through to hardware and devices and how to deal with network and cloud security risks.
Advantages of this course
- What makes this course particularly valuable is the combination of three distinct disciplines in one scheme of study.
- Learners acquire a broad-ranging base of knowledge and skills – a distinct advantage in many different working environments.
- Ideal both for students at high school or college, looking to complement their studies with skills and knowledge that can be applied in the workplace; and to professionals working in positions that make use of the Internet.
- Completion of this course enables learners to enter for the CIW Web Foundations series of exams, each of which provides certification and together provides clear evidence of an all-round working knowledge of the Internet.
- Certification exams are changing to reflect the latest in web technologies; candidates progressing to the exams will be allowed to mix and match the previous-version exams with the new-version exams to earn the three modular certifications in the CIW Web Foundations series.
- Introduction to IT Business and Careers
- Internet Communication
- Introduction to Internet Technology
- Web Browsing
- Multimedia on the Web
- Databases and Web Search Engines
- Business E Mail and Personal Information Management
- Protecting Yourself Online
- Internet Services and Tools for Business
- IT Project and Program Management
- Markup Language and Site Development Essentials
- HTML5 Coding
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Graphical Elements
- HTML Tables
- Web Forms
- Video, Audio and Image Techniques
- Extensing HTML
- GUI HTML Editors and Mobile Web Sites
- Web Site Development for Business
- Introduction to Networking
- Networking Components and Standards
- Connecting to the Internet
- Internet Services
- Hardware and Device Connectivity
- Network and Cloud Security Risks
|CIW - Foundations Associate|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above