ITIL® Intermediate Level - Planning, Protection & Optimisation (PPO) Training
Build a flexible IT service framework that helps meet user and institutional demands using the ITIL® Intermediate PPO disciplines. This course takes IT professionals through the principles behind planning, protection and optimisation as mandated by the ITIL® framework.
The ITIL® Intermediate PPO course is best suited to IT professionals who:
- Require a deep understanding of the relevant ITIL® processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within a team/organisation – such as the IT service manager or CIO.
- Are involved in project and service planning and resourcing, such as the IT operations manager.
- Have obtained the ITIL® Foundation certificate and want to continue working towards earning the higher-level ITIL® certifications.
The ITIL® framework and all of its component modules is an industry recognised, vendor neutral framework that is used by business across the world to codify and improve their IT service provision. The ITIL® Intermediate PPO course helps IT professionals limit their focus to the planning, protection and optimisation aspects of each ITIL® concept, ensuring they have the knowledge and skills required without the distraction of other, irrelevant considerations.
The ITIL® Intermediate PPO course is provided on a self-study basis, allowing students to complete modules at their own pace, whenever and wherever convenient. Participants can also test their progress and knowledge using the self-assessment tools built into the course materials.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The ITIL® PPO course takes students through the ITIL® approach to planning, protection and optimisation, demonstrating how to implement them into a modern IT service. After an introduction to how PPO relates to the rest of the ITIL® framework, participants will be shown:
- How to plan and provide sufficient capacity to support the changing needs of a business.
- How to specify and implement high availability systems to maintain service quality at all times.
- Using IT service continuity principles to maintain quality of service as systems and frameworks transition.
- How to build frameworks and systems that help support demand management.
- Building a PPO team and assigning roles and responsibilities.
- Using technology to support PPO goals and services.
This deep-dive into ITIL® PPO processes is delivered through a combination of instructor-led videos and other course materials. Students will also have the opportunity to check their own progress and preparedness for the ITIL® PPO exams using the built-in self-assessment tools that are included as part of the course.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
IT professionals who are responsible for building robust, scalable IT service delivery solutions will find the principles outlined in the ITIL® PPO course invaluable. Upon completion of the course, students should:
- Be able to create Planning, Protection and Optimisation frameworks that generate significant benefits for service users.
- Better protect corporate IT delivery systems against problems and outages.
- Design and implement systems to support PPO operations and frameworks.
- Be prepared to sit the ITIL® PPO exams and continue study towards the full ITIL® intermediate qualification.
- Have an increased field of employment opportunities thanks to the new skills and experience they can offer.
The ITIL® Intermediate PPO course is an essential learning tool for any IT professional tasked with planning and optimising IT service delivery mechanisms.
The ITIL® courses on this page are offered by iTSM Solutions ATO/Affiliate of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Course Organization
- Course Conventions & Agenda
- Introduction to Planning, Protection & Optimization
- PPO Summary
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- PPO Processes Summary
- Organize for PPO
- Technology Considerations
- Implementing PPO
- Organization & Implement Summary
ITIL,are registered trade marks of the AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS. All rights reserved. All ITIL courses are offered by itSM Solutions ATO of AXELOS Limited.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 10 or above
Safari 6 or above